Thursday 16 August 2012

I wanna meet a muse, just to kiss her on her honest lips.

Woke up early, showered, got dressed, make-up on... and work calls to tell me not to bother coming in today, as it's too quiet... Gah. On one hand, I was pissed at losing hours (and money) and wasting make-up;  but hey, it also means I get wayy more time to paint today than expected. :D Hence pretty early posting.

Spent the morning working some more on this study, finally busting out the oils to start blocking in colour; I haven't done much work on the face, which is why it looks pretty cloudy at the moment.
I'm really liking the idea of doing a personal piece fully in oils, but I'm scraping the barrel for ideas right now, so... ho hum. Keep pumping out studies for a few more days.


I've already spoken about my love for Sadistik... and last night he released a (free!!) mini-album of unreleased/rare songs; so of course I've been listening to them on repeat whilst painting. Instantly fell in love with this track in particular... His goddamn words, maaan. <3

Yeah, feeling ugly in my skin
Weaving a tornado and then running from the wind
This habit of abandonment is something I resent, 'cause its tragic and it's cancerous, it's functioning like death
I wanna meet a muse, just to kiss her on her honest lips
Use my withered hands to paint a picture of accomplishment
Mixture of the opposite, insecure and confident:
These are the symptoms of an optimist.





No comments:

Post a Comment