Monday 27 August 2012

Good-times goddess, my goodness... Goth fingernail polish, autopilot footprints.

Don't wanna go to work, wanna stay home and paint all day. Sob. :')
Nearly finished up the underpainting on this, just a few more details to go and I can start busting out the oils. :D

 

Naked in the bathtub, sitting on the porcelain
Waiting for that little hurricane to pull your torso in...

The painting is actually based off the song shoulda know, by atmosphere, about him falling in love with a drug addict (or that's how I interpret it.) His words have gorgeous imagery and as soon as I listened to it years ago, I knew I had to paint this. The image in my head then and the image on the canvas now is pretty much unchanged.

Then all of a sudden she got silent
Pupils like marbles hide behind eyelids
Get-away sticks go limping whole place
That fucked up smile sucked up most her face

Truly beauty, the scene serene
And each criticism becomes redeemed;
Swallow my words, no more judgement, it's through
Cause you look like what I feel like when I'm with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment